Professional Social Media Optimization
Affordable SMO Services
Social media sites have burst upon the Internet scene, and new sites continue to appear every week. Many people are "tweeting" at Twitter, and participating at websites like Facebook with their friends.
What can be confusing are the types of social media that exist. For example, there are:
- Sites such as LinkedIn and Indenti.ca that are geared towards professionals that wish to network with other professionals.
- Sites such as Facebook which are a social gathering place (although companies can create Facebook Pages as well as advertise there).
- Social bookmarking sites like Diigo and Delicious, which let you store your bookmarks (similar to Internet Explorer's Favourites, except that the favourites are stored at a website, and not on your computer).
- News related sites such Digg and StumbleUpon, where people post interesting content that other users can vote on.
- Microblogging sites, the most popular being Twitter.
- Page1 can design an SMO plan that is tailored to your specific needs and budget -
There are several important deliverables from social media participation:
- Google and other search engines place value on a website being found in social media sites.
- It can be used to promote a corporate image.
- It can also drive traffic to your website since it is an alternative form of search (e.g. compared to traditional search which involves search engines).
The Web 2.0 is here to stay, and when combined with SMO provides an alternative method of promoting your website. Why get left behind?